Welcome to the 33rd Carnival of Investing, hosted at My 1st Million At 33! What a coincidence in the numbers. Thanks to all the contributors to the carnival to make this another great carnival for more learnings on investing your money, and thanks to MyMoneyBlog for making hosting arrangements.
Using my own judgment, I grouped the posts by categories and added a short summary or some comments for the benefit of the readers to sift through 20+ articles. Under each category, posts are arranged in the order of submission. Also I’m using the name of blogs which is probably more important than the name of bloggers.
Technical analysis related:
- S&P500 Target & Chart of the Day, by “D”igital Breakfast. Definitely a precarious time for S&P 500 and stock market in general. Won’t hurt to seek more opinions.
- Technical Analysis: The Big Picture, by ProfessorBainbridge.com. A great commentary against technical analysis using the arguments from EMH, efficient market hypothesis.
- Deceptive Relative Strength in Utilities, by Trader’s Narrative. Good observation on XLU and I tend to agree with Babak.
- Detecting Market Bottoms with Jim Cramer, by InvestorGeeks. A terrific summary of Cramer’s book on market bottom indicators.
Individual stock picks:
- Rockwell Automation: Will Investors Ever Learn?, by Stock Market Beat. Good analysis of ROK, which just had a panic selling after earning report.
- eBay Inc – Not quite time to buy yet, by Fat Pitch Financials. Ebay is not a fat pitch yet.
Good investing advices in general:
- You know when it’s time to sell when…, by Thinking About Money. Surprised by what brokers say? Maybe they are just right on money.
- How to Teach About Investing (Without Boring the Student), by Financial Reflections. Learn how to teach your kids about investing through OneShare.com.
- Evolution of a Trader: How to Recover from a Loss, by Move the Markets. Good psycho-analysis on recovering from a losing trade. Controlling emotion is the key.
- GuruFocus.com – What The Investment Gurus Hold, by The Dividend Guy Blog. Great dig & comments on gurufocus.com.
- Acquiring investment expertise, by Abnormal Returns. Several good links and comments on how to acquire expertise in investment.
- Creating a portfolio with a small amount of money, by Investor loi. Really good advices on how to start investing with small amount of money.
Good personal finance advices in respect to investing:
- Earn 20%, Guaranteed, by Free Money Finance. Yeah, it’s true. Can’t beat FMF on this.
- Million Dollar Investing Lessons – Learned the Hard Way, by Financial Reflections. Several good advices learned from a millionaire.
- What to do with employee stock purchase plans, by Experiments in Finance. Several good advices on what to do with those company shares.
- The One Armed Economist, by Ask Uncle Bill. Comments on a Times magazine article “The Time To Plan is Now” on retirement (or no-retirement rather).
Miscellaneous posts (including real estates):
- Jim Rogers Moving to China, by Daily dose of Optimism. For those of you who attempt to divine trends by watching what better informed and more successful people than you are doing (as opposed to merely saying), Ed has an interesting data point for you.
- Sunrise Villas in Coral Bay Cyprus get boost from new marina proposals, by Overseas Property. Great ocean view made me wonder why I’m still stuck in a small condo.
- Dollar Cost Averaging – A Real Life Example!, by My Money Path. A trading journal along with Cramer.
- AR: Namaste Economics, by Generative Transformation. A vision of a bridge between our current society/economy and utopia.
- You Should Never Get A Job?, by Towards Better Life. A striving entrepeneur on his way of building a passive income.
- I’m Sorry, Did You Think Your Good Faith Estimate (Or Mortgage Loan Disclosure Statement) Meant Anything?, by Searchlight Crusade. Lots of good advices on shopping mortgages.
- Flippers in Trouble, by It’s Just Money. A real life example of how a real estate flipper gets into trouble.
- The Week Ahead: Your Financial Roadmap for July 31 to August 4, 2006, by Financial Options. A good summary of what’s coming on the earning and economic calendar.
- List of High Yield Dividend Stocks (Up to 18.6%), by My 1st Million At 33. This is one of my slightly old post, in case you missed it, or if you have never been here. Never got to submitted it to any carnivals. So I guess it’s good to be listed here.
If I missed your post, please email me so that I can include it. Next week the carnival of investing will be hosted at MyMoneyForest who is the maintainer for Carnivals of Business by the way. Check him out now for more business ideas.