For the last month from 05/31/06 to 06/30/06,
- Networth is down by 3.65%.
- Value of my company holdings (stock options, ESPP, etc.) is down by 23.12%.
- Everything else excluding my home and cash is up by 4.02%.
- If including cash in #3, it’s up by 2.92%.
- My savings since 5/31/06 were 0.12% of my total networth, or 69.44 years to replace all of my networth.
For the past two months, 05/09/06 to 06/30/06,
- Networth is down by 15.31%.
- Value of my company holdings (stock options, ESPP, etc.) is down by 47.53%.
- Everything else excluding my home and cash is down by 5.78%.
- If including cash in #3, it’s down by 3.93%.
- My savings since 5/9/06 were 0.57% of my total networth, or 29.24 years to replace all of my networth.
This month, I did put about 50% of my available cash for trading to work. Some of the cash I raised by selling some non-core stocks or some dividend stocks that I used to park my cash. My timing of the cash usage was right on the money, so far returning about 19% in about 2 weeks. I guess that was one of the reason that I shaved off some of the big loss in May.
Unfortunately, my company stock is extremely weak compared to the general market. It has been down almost 40% from the peak, and it’s simply not recovering at all. That is the primary reason for a poor showing of my networth this month again.
Special note: returns were calculated by subtracting 3.00% APR return of my cash position.