Do You Carpool?
I just started carpooling with another work colleague a few months ago. I drive on Monday/Wednesday, while my partner drives on Tuesday/Thursday. Yeah, there is no rules in the book that says 1stMillionAt?? cannot carpool. Besides splitting the cost of gas money, there are a few other advantages & disadvantages from my own experience:
- Not only car-related expenses (besides insurance) are cut in half or whatever factor based on the number of people doing carpool, the rush hour stress is cut in half too. I never feel so good about not needing to take the driving wheel, and just take a quick nap.
- Toll road cost can be more reasonable if there is any.
- You can drive the in the carpool lane. Save a lot of time during traffics hour.
- Tell your boss that your carpool partner is leaving, and he can understand to let you go.
- A much regular work schedule, instead endless working hours.
- If you need to go somewhere else during lunch break, you cannot, unless you are the driver that day.
- For family emergency, you may need to come up with some extraordinary arrangement.
- A little time overhead & inconvenience is required to meet to leave for work and come back home.
- That’s how I caught my cold this week, from my carpool partner. Next time I will stop carpooling when either of us get sick.